LUCHA's success depends on the support of our wonderful LUCHA families.
Our school holds the expectation that all families will complete at least 30 parent volunteer hours over the course of the year for each student enrolled in LUCHA. These hours are tracked by the administrative staff and parents are updated on their progress towards the goals in November, January, and April. Please remember that you are responsible for logging all of your volunteer time in the Parent Volunteer Binder in the front office or online using this submission link: http://tinyurl.com/LUCHAParentHours. For whole-school events, please be sure to sign-in to get your volunteer hours!
Parents, are you looking for ways to fulfill your parent volunteer requirements?
1) Help with breakfast in the classroom! (8:15 every morning!)
2) Attend our monthly community meetings! (2nd Wednesday of every month at 6:00pm in the cafeteria)
3) Become involved in our Parent Leader Group! (Meetings are held in our cafeteria on the last Tuesday of every month at 5:30pm)
4) Participate in our Los Dichos Program where parents read books to students in Spanish and English that send a strong message!
5) Ask your child's teacher for specific ways you can help in the classroom!
6) Participate in an educational experience with your child outside of school and bring in some documentation to the office (a photo from the museum, a receipt from the library). *Note that only two hours can be given per event and only up to five hours out of your 30 hour requirement can be completed this way)